JESUS SAID – HAVE YOU HEARD?
Hebrews 1:1-3 – Long ago, at many times and in many ways, God spoke to our fathers by the prophets, 2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed the heir of all things, through whom also he created the world. 3 He is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of his nature, and he upholds the universe by the word of his power.
Here are a few things Jesus mentions in the Gospels.
- God is sovereign over a kingdom.
- Jesus brought the kingdom in heaven to earth; Now but NOT YET.
- Jesus proclaimed himself as the way, the truth, and the life; the only way to God.
- Jesus came that we may take his yoke upon us and find rest for our souls.
- The Father draws us to Jesus and grants that we may come to Jesus.
- Jesus calls his sheep, his sheep hear and know his voice, and follow him.
- Entrance into the kingdom requires a person be born again in the Spirit.
Why did Jesus say these things if he was a Jew, and king of the Jews at that?
John 18:33-37 – Pilate… “Are you the King of the Jews?” 34 Jesus answered, “Do you say this of your own accord, or did others say it to you about me?” 35 Pilate answered, “Am I a Jew? Your own nation and the chief priests have delivered you over to me. What have you done?” 36 Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world. If my kingdom were of this world, my servants would have been fighting, that I might not be delivered over to the Jews. But my kingdom is not from the world.” 37 Then Pilate said to him, “So you are a king?” Jesus answered, “You say that I am a king. For this purpose I was born and for this purpose I have come into the world—to bear witness to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth listens to my voice.”
Listen to Jesus’ voice